Joined on Jul 29, 2010
Forum posts: 269
Images Uploaded: 19,669
Image Views: 26,037,296
2,499 links and 271,571 referrals

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
Yea, I have been trying to get a hold of someone but have not had any luck yet.

Favorite 5

Alexis Ren
Ava Sambora
Ryan Newman
Stefanie Scott
Peyton Roi List
Joined on Jun 15, 2011
Forum posts: 143
Images Uploaded: 1
Image Views: 2,880

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
hondacivic666999 said

Be careful with Minus. For some reason my minus account was deleted today, with no warning. I have been linking pictures from minus basically from the start of when we had to use links for pictures (over a year) and have not had a problem until now. This blows big time because now all of my picture links from minus are dead. I have been trying to figure out why my account was deleted, but have not had any success yet. So be wary of minus.

----
Edit by hondacivic666999 at 11-15-2013 10:25pm

Wow that sucks, I looked at your minus account frequently. sorry to hear about that.
Joined on Oct 16, 2008
Forum posts: 3,738
Images Uploaded: 78,880
Image Views: 90,782,921
3 links and 191 referrals

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
hondacivic666999 said

Be careful with Minus. For some reason my minus account was deleted today, with no warning. I have been linking pictures from minus basically from the start of when we had to use links for pictures (over a year) and have not had a problem until now. This blows big time because now all of my picture links from minus are dead. I have been trying to figure out why my account was deleted, but have not had any success yet. So be wary of minus.

----

Oh no honda. Im so sorry to know this just happened to you. As a fellow avid uploader, I know this sort of thing is really utterly frustrating.
Now that you mention it, there was a couple of times I saved a folder in Minus only to see it vanish without notice in a month or so, including all 50 pictures stored within it. I tried contacting the site administrators for over a week, until I got some silly response saying they didn't even know why the folders were deleted in the first place. That was like WTF?
I kept using Minus until I reached my limit there. But Im now worried that this could happen to me or anyone who uses Minus on this site. Even the uploads currently availabe have no assurance of staying that way in the long term.

Hence, I now wonder if Sam will ever consider storing the images within Lazygirls itself once again, in order to prevent dead links. It really creeps me out that the images we save dearly could vanish in a 5 year period at best case scenario. Will there ever be more alternatives to save images?
Or at least bring back the option to upload to imagebam or imagevenue. To tell you a little secret, imgbox also hosts ads as long as the user enables the option to upload censored pictures. To be quite honest, I don't see any difference between imgbox, imagebam or imagevenue in that regard.

And to Chef, yeah there are many imagehosts better than imgbox.
Interestingly, I found mediafire to be an excellent option for uploading small images less than 2500 pixels. It works perfectly fine with screencaps, social network pictures or simply LQ images. But it's not useful when trying to upload HQ pictures above 3,000 pixels, because it won't simply allow the user to expand the resolution, so I guess every image host has it pros and cons as well. Besides it's a bit slower than cubeupload when trying to be fast when uploading big sets of pictures.
Another site that I might give a try in the future is imgur. I may look out for others image hosts to keep myself updated.

----
Edit by Giantfan at 11-15-2013 11:14pm
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 1,499
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,128
Images Uploaded: 6,301
Image Views: 5,577,197
10 links and 14,802 referrals

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
hondacivic666999 said

----

Wow that sucks. I had your page saved in favorites, I visited often and just like that... poof. That leaves a bad taste in your mouth when that sort of thing just happens out of the blue.

I've only been using minus since August, knowing that as a guest I wouldn't be able to store images there permanently. Though I haven't had any dead links in the 3 months I've used it, it still links to the page I posted it from even though it should be long gone.

Favorite 5

Victoria Justice
Bella Thorne
Kendall Jenner
Taylor Swift
Scarlett Johansson
Joined on Jul 29, 2010
Forum posts: 269
Images Uploaded: 19,669
Image Views: 26,037,296
2,499 links and 271,571 referrals

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
wtr1023 said

hondacivic666999 said

----
Edit by hondacivic666999 at 11-15-2013 10:25pm

Wow that sucks. I had your page saved in favorites, I visited often and just like that... poof. That leaves a bad taste in your mouth when that sort of thing just happens out of the blue.

I've only been using minus since August, knowing that as a guest I wouldn't be able to store images there permanently. Though I haven't had any dead links in the 3 months I've used it, it still links to the page I posted it from even though it should be long gone.

I made a minus account so that I wound have all the pictures in one spot and not have the pictures deleted, but now I guess I probably would have been better off not making an account with them.

----
Edit by hondacivic666999 at 11-15-2013 11:52pm

Favorite 5

Alexis Ren
Ava Sambora
Ryan Newman
Stefanie Scott
Peyton Roi List

Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 1,499
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,128
Images Uploaded: 6,301
Image Views: 5,577,197
10 links and 14,802 referrals

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
I feel the same way, I never really saw the point in making an account there. If I post images that I really like, I save it to my computer and eventually to a flash drive. Might just be me being paranoid, but I worry that things like this will happen to me on a regular basis, so I avoid it where I can.

Favorite 5

Victoria Justice
Bella Thorne
Kendall Jenner
Taylor Swift
Scarlett Johansson
Joined on Jun 15, 2011
Forum posts: 143
Images Uploaded: 1
Image Views: 2,880

IMGBOX Images

9 months ago

Neutral
Just an update for everyone, Sam emailed me and said some of the IMGBOX servers have been acting strange of late. He is looking into it. Any by the way, thanks for all the advice.
 previous 1, 2