Welcome to lazygirls.info, celebrity search engine with over 2,446,525 posts and 866,285 members! Where you are the paparazzi.

Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,394
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,996
Images Uploaded: 7,435
Image Views: 1,133,094
 Neutral

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

What are some good ones to use, other than Imgbox ? (which is down for maintanence)

cubeupload behaves horribly from time to time and imagebam is blocked for some reason
Joined on Dec 01, 2013
Forum posts: 3,145
Images Uploaded: 17,208
Image Views: 6,798,684
 Neutral (+1)

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

I use imageshack.
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 4,252
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,432
Images Uploaded: 53,369
Image Views: 26,760,687
11 links and 14,836 referrals
 Neutral (+1)

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

imgbox doesn't work right for me for some reason. When I click lazypost on an imgbox image the post pop up shows, but when I click it the data box (name/title/source) doesn't load

cubeupload was my preferred host, but as you've said it's been fairly unreliable of late. Someimage was my second choice, but it kinda got shut down. I'm now using imgur. I don't like it because hosting pics there doesn't pick up duplicates, so if images were already posted on another host it doesn't stop you.... BUT it's the most reliable image host other than imgbox, and it actually works for me

----
Edit by wtr1023 at 2-6-2017 1:25am
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
 Neutral

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

thanks fellas. I did try imgur until imgbox got back on track. lazypost wasn't loading on cubeupload. it's good to have backups. pic of stefanie laying in bed...pure bliss haha 😍

Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,400
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 36,345
Image Views: 18,278,266
 Neutral (+3)

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

I hear ya about "other than imgbox" , but their down time is minimal in my experience.
I've used imgbox since I joined LG back in 2010.
Never had any issues except maybe 2-3 (?) years ago, It had issues for some time (a couple months maybe?) that caused me to end up at cubeupload.
That site was almost as good as imgbox IMO but then they started having MAJOR issues that lasted a LOONG time. Even when it was up, I consistently had issues with approx. 25% of my images uploading to their site.
I ended up back at imgbox after they got it together (1-2 years ago?) and I've been there ever since.
Works 98% of the time in my experience.
I don't really post large imagesets any more, rather 5-20 social media per day in 1-2 uploads to imgbox, so I can tell you with confidence that their down time the other day was minimal, a few hours at most.
I'd say imgbox overall is a good choice.

As the only active site mod who reviews all incoming images to LG, I can tell you all I much prefer when uploaders use image hosting sites as opposed to posting from entertainment websites.
When images are uploaded from image hosting sites, I don't have to spend time checking out the source sites for copyright protections or p0rn/p0rn ads.
EDIT:
It's been a long time since ImageBam was blocked, I had actually forgotten all about it, but if I remember that site was blocked because of p0rn ads. None of the other major image hosting sites that our members use do.
That's why I prefer image hosting sites. That being said, I've got a "mental notebook" so to speak because I've been doing this a long time as to which non-image hosting sites are ok and which ones are not.

For example(s) , celebmafia, Hollywood Tuna, are OK. EGOTASTIC! , justjared, DailyMail, Zimbio NOT OK.
In rare cases, the reason is p0rn ads, but usually it's copyright protected images.
For example, on Zimbio almost under every image reads "Source: Getty Images" under it.
They could sue us for unauthorized use.
That's why when you see any video or image on the news, you'll see a source listed.

----
Edit by Chef72 at 2-7-2017 12:58pm
Joined on May 20, 2010
 Neutral (+2)

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

Well, That's what I get for talking up imgbox.
They're currently offline for maintenance LOL.
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
 Neutral

8 months ago

Image Hosting Sites

we jinxed it because imgbox is only uploading one pic at a time, and cubeupload isn't working at all.
"if you can read this text, you're on our new server!"

yeah? well it's worthless! grrrrrr wish i knew that before I tried uploading 40 pics to it
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
 Neutral

38 days ago

Image Hosting Sites

IMGBOX seems to be up and working well, again. F-Y-I
imgur faltered just now. Lazy button woudn't load.
have a lazy day
Joined on May 20, 2010
 Neutral (+1)

38 days ago

Image Hosting Sites

darkhorse696 said

IMGBOX seems to be up and working well, again. F-Y-I
imgur faltered just now. Lazy button woudn't load.
have a lazy day

Yeah, I noticed that too about imgur. Last night working fine, today not so much.
Thanks for sharing. Always helpful to eliminate the 'Is it just me?' factor.
I had gotten so used to imgur it was a bit odd going back to imgbox.
I checked another site I've used Lazy Post before besides image hosting (Sports Illustrated) and it didn't work there either.
Who knows...
If the internet had duct tape, this site would be covered in it.

Don't forget kids...If the ancient Egyptians had had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose.

\n