Welcome to lazygirls.info, celebrity search engine with over 2,406,920 posts and 864,121 members! Where you are the paparazzi.

[ Moderator ]
Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,123
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 34,077
Image Views: 17,059,173
Highly Ranked (+5)

4 days ago

PLEASE READ IF YOU POST IMAGES AND/OR REPORT MISTAKES AND/OR ADD NEW FOLDERS!!!

Hello all,
I will try to keep this as short as possible. There are a few items I would like to remind everyone of or bring to your attention.
Please read to the end as lastly I will be sharing some info on a great extension you can add for free that unlocks images and videos you otherwise would not be able to view.
Thanks in advance for reading!

-POSTING IMAGES OF CELEBS UNDER THE AGE OF 16:
Must be G-Rated. No bikinis, no bare midriffs, or anything else that may not be age appropriate. We are fairly tolerant with images ages 16-18 and VERY tolerant with images 18 and up. This subject is not open to discussion. Period.

-IMAGES AND IMAGES THAT ARE CROP DUPLICATES:
This has been slowly creeping back up in frequency as of late. These types of images are almost always paparrazzi shots or red carpet shots. Often, photographers have a standard set of 'Here's the full body shot, here's the 3/4 length shot, and sometimes even here's the headshot.' These are treated as doubles. Please don't post these. In one case, it's gotten so bad that I had to deny ALL 3/4 length shots someone posts because they post so many of these. It's a lot of extra work for the moderator, and this is supposed to be a part-time only job.
If anyone's not quite understanding what I'm taking about, here's a set I posted a few years back where I deliberately left both the full and 3/4 shots in the set:

Again, please don't post these! Thank you.

-ADDING NEW FOLDERS AND WHY WE HAVE DUPLICATE FOLDERS FOR SOME CELEBS:
Please search to check before you add a new folder to be sure one does not already exist. Make sure you're spelling the name correctly. Does this celeb have any known name variations?
Here's where to search:
lazygirls.info/directory
Ideally, new folders would go through the moderation queue like new images do, but for some reason unknown to me they do not.
When I become aware of duplicate folders, I'm pretty good at remembering them. Then, if someone attempts to post images to a dupe folder, I simply delete them as they come through the queue.
I wish it was that simple...
You can report duplicate folders here:
First, click on the sticky thread at the top of the forums page: 'Links to Important Threads and Rules'
Third from the top, you'll see: lazygirls.info/misspelled.php
This will put a header on a duplicate folder that reads: 'Also Known As__'
Furthermore, I will edit the bio info in the dupe folder to read 'DO NOT POST TO THIS FOLDER! POST TO __'
I will also delete all images in the dupe folders.
But Chef, some dupe folders still have images in them. Why?
Which leads me to our next item...

-FOLDERS CANNOT BE MERGED AND SOME IMAGES CANNOT BE REMOVED:
I'm not sure why folders can't be merged, all I know is doing so creates lots of system errors.
But Chef, I reported this or that, why wasn't it removed?
Violations are a yes or no thing. An Image is either a violation or it isn't. I can't move them or reclassify them. In the case of censor or uncensor, I may simply disagree with your report and overrule you. BTW, You can't report an image and under 'reason', type 'censor/uncensor' It doesn't work that way.
Further complicating things is once an image has been reported and that report has been processed in the mod queue, that same image cannot be reported again. My theory on this is a lot of the site's code has never been updated so it's probably ancient (2005) and doesn't work very well.
FURTHER complicating things is we lost a server last summer. I mean it died. No retrieval whatsoever. What that means is any time an image is reported to be removed (copyrighted, wrong folder, double etc.) if it happened to be on 'Server 3' it CAN'T be removed. We're stuck with it. This only pertains to images added before summer 2016 when the server died. All newer images can be removed. I report images all the time, and when I review them in the queue, I click 'Violation Yes' and this l'il error icon comes up and I say to myself, "Yep. Server 3 strikes again!"
THIS is why if you go to some folders, such as this one for Sophie Turner (Australian model), you'll see images of Sophie BELINDA Turner that are in the wrong place. Because I deleted all I could, the rest we're stuck with:
lazygirls.info/Sophie_Turner
The whole situation is a God awful mess.
-POSTING SOCIAL MEDIA OVERVIEW SETS: Some sites post social media overview sets. (Example: Selena Gomez April 2017 Social Media overview) Guys, if it's a popular celeb, you have to check to make sure someone else hasn't already posted some of these images. Some of the more popular celebs have 5-10 members posting their images. If I see the same people posting these doubles often enough, I have to assume the whole set is doubles and delete them. I don't have time for this!

-POSTING OLDER IMAGES OF POPULAR CELEBS: If the celeb has a small folder, like 100 images or less, I can easily check for dupes. Large folders? Not so much. How you can help your cause: First, as always check to be certain you're not posting doubles. Label the image properly (Ex: 'Emmy Awards 2015', not 'cute butt' ) This site is mostly about new images. If you want to add old pics, the responsibility lies with the image poster, not me. Again, I do not have time for this!

-CENSOR YOUR OWN IMAGES: Let me worry about the 'borderline' stuff like how much is 'showing' through a top, but if it's topless, bare butt you need to censor it. It's right there in the Lazy Post box.

Lastly.
-POSTING IMAGES FROM INSTAGRAM: There is a browser extension for Google Chrome called 'Chrome IG Story'
It's free. After installing it, go to Instagram and you should see small circular icons at the top of your feed representing the celebs you follow. If you click on them, you will see if they have any content available. These will be pics and videos you otherwise would not see in your instagram feed. IT ONLY WORKS ON THE MAIN INSTAGRAM PAGE, NOT THE INDIVIDUAL CELEB'S PAGE. Special thanks to Geist23 for bringing this to my attention He kept posting instagram images of MY Anna Kooiman and I couldn't for the life of me figure out where he was finding them and it was driving me CRAZY.

Why I wanted to share some of this info is so you have a better understanding of what goes on here behind the scenes. If I have to remove your image, I take no pleasure in doing so.
When regular image posters don't censor or post the cropped dupes or add dupe folder, these things add up and cost me a considerable amount of time and extra work. This is supposed to be a part time gig and, like you sometimes I have other things to do besides moderate LG.
Thank you for reading!
Hopefully, I won't have to do another one of these posts for a long time.
Chef

----
Edit by Chef72 at 4-20-2017 9:43am
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,181
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,896
Images Uploaded: 5,440
Image Views: 839,300
Highly Ranked (+4)

4 days ago

...not to mention new users checking out the site will be easily bored and not return. (ex. 30+ screencaps of a minute or 2 of film)

btw I use Firefox because Google wants to enslave the human race. I use my phone for instagram story screencaps... then crop out the interface buttons. Some celebs I like, hardly post anything on social media- but LOVE instagram stories (Lauren Taylor). I try to use judgment as to "would this be a pic fans of hers would love to see?

js.... cheers stay lazy everyone
Joined on Aug 05, 2013
Forum posts: 20
Images Uploaded: 10
Image Views: 7,217
 Neutral (+3)

4 days ago

darkhorse696 said

I try to use judgment as to "would this be a pic fans of hers would love to see?

Which reminds me of another observation:
There are quantity image posters and there are quality image posters. Rarely do I see quantity AND quality image posters, but I can think of a few.
Quantity's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people post every image available of their favorite celeb(s) and some people post every image of every celeb they come across. Whatever floats your boat, but in addition to images needing to be larger than 300 x 300, sometimes people occasionally post images that are just terrible quality. This is not too often that they're so poor that I remove them, but it happened just the other day. These tend to be social media images and more often social media screencaps.
An image shouldn't look like it was taken with a 1970s Polaroid pulled from the bottom of a lake with Vaseline smeared on the lens.
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 3,789
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,422
Images Uploaded: 45,212
Image Views: 23,693,667
11 links and 14,836 referrals
 Neutral (+3)

4 days ago

First of all, sorry

I've been pretty bad about this lately. I do run the sets through a duplicate removal program before posting, but it isn't good enough to identify dupes when the shots are cropped. I try to go through the cropped pictures before posting, but with the size of some of these sets sometimes I miss them, especially if one is picture 2 and the other is picture 87 in a set of 100+ pictures.

I also try (and fail) to be one of the quality posters. If it's one of my top favorites I have a hard time choosing which ones to post and which ones to exclude. Some of those sets are huge, with several hundred pictures. I won't post all of them, but sometimes it's hard to narrow it down to less than 30 or 40 with all the variety in poses and angles. Gotta make sure there's something for everyone

Joined on Aug 10, 2005
Forum posts: 29,365
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,275
Images Uploaded: 136,303
Image Views: 73,524,736
 Neutral (+1)

4 days ago

I'm probably guilty of all the above!
I admit I do not look for cropped photos.
I will try to be more careful.
As to older images of celebs -
There are probably thousands of shots nobody has ever seen.
I try to "mine" a celeb of all I can find (with the dupes in mind of course!) but will override the urge in the future.
To all of you ---
Keep posting and have fun!

\n