Welcome to lazygirls.info, celebrity search engine with over 2,455,237 posts and 866,626 members! Where you are the paparazzi.

Goto page  previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next  76 Replies
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,433
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,996
Images Uploaded: 7,731
Image Views: 1,179,335
Highly Ranked (+5)

6 months ago

Pic of the Month - Nomination Thread (May 2017)

ok we need to retitle this thread as Bandit's pics of the month.
😜
Joined on Aug 10, 2005
Forum posts: 29,905
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,555
Images Uploaded: 146,547
Image Views: 77,370,979
 Neutral (+1)

6 months ago

darkhorse696 said

😜

I will take your comment under advisement.
Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,400
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 36,344
Image Views: 18,455,318
Highly Ranked (+6)

6 months ago

darkhorse696 said

😜

14 images submitted by everyone else, 24 by Bandit.
@wtr1023: You should consider a maximum number of nominations limit per member similar to the birthday nominations.

There was just a whole discussion recently how some feel Bandit is burying everyone else's posts under the weight of his posting volume, and to be honest, after what I've witnessed since that topic was posted, I tend to agree with those opinions.
It's too much. This is Lazygirls.info, not the Bandit show.

----
Edit by Chef72 at 5-18-2017 4:50pm
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 4,344
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,432
Images Uploaded: 55,083
Image Views: 27,250,398
11 links and 14,836 referrals
 Neutral (+2)

6 months ago

*** long post ahead, take this opportunity to grab your refreshments and use the restroom before settling in.

I hear your concerns and I appreciate your feedback everyone!

This is a difficult issue to address given the current state of the community. There's really only a handful of regular posters that account for the majority of the popular girls/images that are nominated in these polls, Bandit being one of them and me being another. I try to space out my nominations a bit more than some others, but I'm guilty of spamming the threads at times too. Personally I feel that it's better to nominate several images and give the people more variety to choose what, in their opinion, are the top images of the month. However, I do agree that at times it can bury other quality images in the thread, and that's no good either.

This is something I've been mulling over since the end of POTY, but I wasn't sure how to best go about it without upsetting people. I don't think enforcing a hard cap on nominations is the best way to go about it, but others may disagree. To me there's 3 options to address this:

1) Place a cap on the number of images a person can nominate

Pros
- Encourages a quality over quantity approach to nominations
- Posters are less likely to spam nominations, as they have a limited number to work with and must pick and choose more carefully
- We may see an uptick in less popular girls being nominated by contributors that normally wouldn't participate

Cons
- Fewer options to vote on, you may feel there's other images that could have been nominated that you aren't able to post.
- This may lead to lower interest in the contest if the big contributors are limited and our lesser known posters don't participate.
- My biggest concern... What number do you even use for the maximum nominations allowed? Where do I draw the arbitrary line in the sand? Will this number be too high or too low?
- (Conspiracy theory) cheating has been documented in other tournaments. This may encourage people to create a second account in order to nominate more images. Likely? no... but you never know, ya know?

2) Enforce a daily nomination limit. Something like "Each member may nominate up to 3(?) images per day"
Pros
- Nomination cap isn't as harsh as option 1
- Big contributors can still nominate the images they like, they just need to spread them out more

Cons
- This requires me to monitor each users nomination totals every day for 2 weeks, and I'm lazy
- If for some reason you posted more than 45 images you think are nomination worthy, you are out of luck

3) Require posters to nominate images posted by other users. Something like "Every 3rd/4th image a member nominates must be posted by another user."

Pros
- Recognition from one poster to another that you appreciate their contributions
- More variety in the girls/images nominated

Cons
- Doesn't really solve the spam posting aspect, and it could actually make it worse by requiring a poster to nominate more images

As of now these are the three ideas I've had to change up the nomination process. Feel free to offer up your own suggestions or leave your opinion on my ideas. As always you can post them here, or if you wish to speak to me directly you can always reach me via PM at any time. No changes will be made for this month, but there may be a follow up poll to decide what the best course of action is for future nomination threads.

Joined on Aug 10, 2005
Forum posts: 29,905
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,555
Images Uploaded: 146,547
Image Views: 77,370,979
 Neutral

6 months ago

All-
This is a tempest in a tea kettle!
You don't have to change or add policy over the excessive exuberance of one member.
I can change my ways however I will not cease to upload photos that I like to this site.
You can look at them or not.
Your choice.
But they are free to view by any member.

Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,400
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 36,344
Image Views: 18,455,318
 Neutral (+3)

6 months ago

Bandit said

I can change my ways

"Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior." -Dr. Phil
Seven years on LG for me come tomorrow.
I can say from experience with great confidence that if you believe Bandit's above statement, then you are incredibly naive.
Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,433
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,996
Images Uploaded: 7,731
Image Views: 1,179,335
 Neutral (+1)

6 months ago

No need to over complicate things.
Just pick a nice round number like 8.
or '1 per day' might be a cool idea.
give others a chance to nominate their favorite girls before it gets buried.

i plussed charlotte mckinney btw. bandit does nominate good ones, mostly
Joined on Jan 04, 2015
Forum posts: 586
Images Uploaded: 36,494
Image Views: 7,041,029
Highly Ranked (+5)

6 months ago

Blair O'Neal
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
 Neutral (+2)

6 months ago

Laura Marano
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
 Neutral

6 months ago

Jojo
 previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next 

\n