Welcome to lazygirls.info, celebrity search engine with over 2,461,456 posts and 866,874 members! Where you are the paparazzi.

Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,452
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,996
Images Uploaded: 8,002
Image Views: 1,209,383
 Neutral

6 months ago

Uploaders: imgbox is shutting down

Where I do most of my uploads from.

Cubeupload is finally working again- but the Lazy button is not responding to the site.

Imgur will have to do, I guess.

With imgbox shutting down (June 30), will that affect our pics already uploaded? Like will users not be able to view "full size" mode? Hope not

Have a lazy day
Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,400
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 36,344
Image Views: 18,562,187
 Neutral (+2)

6 months ago

Here's what you'll read @imgbox:
"Dear User,
We’d like to inform you that we will be shutting down services on June 30th, 2017. Please download and backup your files before this date.
Sincerely,
The Team"

How this will affect LG remains to be seen, but my guess is 'View Fullsize' for any imgbox-linked images will be gone.
Edit:
I posted 2 images from cubeupload today, no problem.

----
Edit by Chef72 at 6-8-2017 6:37pm
Joined on Apr 10, 2012
Forum posts: 4,383
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,432
Images Uploaded: 56,367
Image Views: 27,524,718
11 links and 14,836 referrals
 Neutral (+2)

6 months ago

I heard imgbox and imagebam are run by the same people, and both are shutting down This is a huge blow for celebrity boards in general, as those 2 hosts seem to be where the majority of pictures are hosted from.

It shouldn't affect this site as much, since we don't post the album links and BBcode direct from the host site into the forum, but it will probably result in a lot of dead links (the view fullsize wouldn't work as Chef said). All the links I posted @ someimage died after they shut down, so I imagine if they say save your images the imgbox links will suffer the same fate. Cubeupload and Imgur are the best alternatives at this point, but I've found cubeupload to be a bit hit or miss at times (it goes down quite a bit as well). Imgur is my preferred host until something better comes along

----
Edit by wtr1023 at 6-8-2017 8:37pm
Joined on May 20, 2010
Forum posts: 7,400
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 2,112
Images Uploaded: 36,344
Image Views: 18,562,187
 Neutral (+2)

6 months ago

I 2nd imgur even though I just started using it.
I've used cubeopload off and on, and it has its' share of problems.
Lately, my issue with that site is it constantly tries to block my Lazy Posts, I get a message saying 'This site is trying to load unsafe scripts' which I have to override every time no matter what changes I make to my browser or ad blocker. Imgur it is for me.

Joined on Apr 03, 2015
Forum posts: 1,452
Celebrity or Not? Votes: 1,996
Images Uploaded: 8,002
Image Views: 1,209,383
 Neutral

6 months ago

imgur is down for maintenance,
imgbox no longer has the 'we are shutting down' warning posted.... sooooo ?
Lazy post button isn't working on cubeupload.

what's an uploader to do ?!?
Joined on Oct 11, 2006
Forum posts: 13
 Neutral

6 months ago

If imagebox actually does shut down, I would estimate as much as 20% of this sites content will be gone forever.

Any posters who back up their files and re-upload them to a reliable (if there is such a thing any more) photo server, well, kudos to you.

\n